WellStar Health System has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Director of Payroll! This leader's primary responsibility includes payroll and all related activities, directing and leading the management and staff of the WellStar Health System Payroll function including planning, design, research, analysis, development, implementation and administration of programs, procedures and systems to support the payroll process.
Required Minimum Education: Bachelors degree required.
Required Minimum Experience: Seven (7) to ten (10) years of payroll or closely related payroll experience is required. Hospital and physician practice payroll experience is strongly preferred.
Required Minimum Skills: Manage the overall payroll functions, payroll processing, payroll taxes, reviewing and revising polices and procedures, as well as internal controls, system review and upgrades. Broad knowledge and understanding of payroll software functions required. Ability to accurately interpret and apply policies, procedures, laws and regulations related to payroll activities. Proficiency in the Word and Excel software, ability to operate standard office equipment such as copier, calculator, and personal computer. Above average oral and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively in sensitive and confidential issues by telephone, in writing, and face-to-face contacts with associates of all levels of the organization. Ability to lead and manage payroll staff. Must have a proven track record of payroll leadership and exceptional accounting skills. CPP designation preferred.
WellStar Health System is a Marietta, Ga.-based not-for-profit health system. We are a nationally recognized leader in comprehensive care. In 2016, WellStar expanded to more than 20,000 team members and a network of over 3,000 physicians across 11 hospitals and 240+ care sites, including medical offices, health parks, a Pediatric Center, urgent care centers and imaging centers. Through this expansion, WellStar is now the largest health system in Georgia and one of the largest not-for-profit health systems in the country.
Recent System Accreditations, Awards and Recognitions:
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For
• Top 10 company for working moms by Working Mother Magazine
• Top 10 Nonprofit Company for Executive Women (NAFE)
• 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces (Dave Thomas Foundation)
• Named among Best Employers for Workers over 50 by AARP
• Georgia Trend’s Annual Top Hospital List (Small, Medium and Large)
• Accredited Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
• Outstanding Achievement Award from Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons (WellStar Cancer Network)
• “3 Star” quality rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons
• American Cancer Society's Excellence Award in Workplace Tobacco Control
• Walt Orenstein Champions for Immunizations Award (Ga. Dept. of Public Health)
• Stage 6 on EMR Adoption ModelSM Recognition (HIMSS Analytics)
Thank you for your interest in WellStar.
We are an equal opportunity employer.