For more than a century, Piedmont Healthcare and WellStar Health System have been providing quality healthcare for patients all across Georgia. Now, Georgia’s leading healthcare systems have come together to create a fresh, new kind of healthcare coverage. Piedmont WellStar HealthPlans is a new health insurance plan built by the hospitals and doctors that the Atlanta community already knows and trusts. Piedmont WellStar HealthPlans is not like other insurance plans. Our mission is to improve the health of our community. It includes a new, patient-centered experience that better supports the relationship between patients and doctors focused on helping you stay well and live a healthier life!
Reporting to the Vice President Sales & Marketing for the Piedmont WellStar Health Plans, the Director of Retention and Administration will be responsible for ensuring the successful growth of the health plan through our Medicare product offerings. Responsible for the sales of the Medicare products. Generates new profitable sales through the broker community and direct marketing of groups and individuals. Educates and trains broker partners on Medicare product offerings. Conducts in-home, group presentations and attends community events.
• Establishes, develops and manages broker relationships setting targets for brokers and assisting them in achieving their targets.
• Responsible for in-home presentations and group presentations to the Medicare population about the Medicare product offerings.
• Builds a book of business from the presentations.
• Responsible for meeting sales goals, quotas, and management objectives based upon corporate sales and marketing goals and implements strategies to increase enrollment.
• Responsible for assisting in the application process with the Medicare beneficiaries. Works at health fairs throughout the year to increase enrollment opportunities.
• Attends area professionally related seminars and organizational meetings related to the Medicare population.
• Majority of time is spent external to place of business on outside sales related to (retaining and/or renewing) membership.
• Performs other duties as required
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Appropriate state licensure to sell insurance required.
• Previous (usually 2 years) sales experience, preferably with Medicare products.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of Medicare.
• Demonstrated PC literacy.
• Experience in health care preferred.
• Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license, personal transportation (automobile in good working condition), and auto insurance.
Professional Leadership and Personal Qualities
• Ability to communicate the benefits of a product offering presenting the value proposition and overcoming objections.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Commitment to client service excellence
• Compassion for the senior market
• Proven track record of success
• Knowledge of strategic planning and management
• High degree of initiative, is self-directed and independent, and welcomes ideas and input of others; adept at follow-through
Thank you for your interest in WellStar.
We are an equal opportunity employer.