Work where you live, love what you do and stay where you can grow. WellStar is the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, priding itself in investing back into the communities that we serve. Our culture of caring is evident by being recognized three years in a row nationally by Fortune ® Magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, as well as the recommendations and referrals we receive.
Kennestone Regional Medical Center
Kennestone Regional Medical Center is located in Historic Marietta, Georgia, just minutes north of Atlanta. Our 633 bed, Level II Trauma Center, supports a state-of-the-art cancer center, cutting edge neuroscience program and a comprehensive top-ranked cardiovascular program. We believe in a team-centered approach in everything we do and with every patient that we serve. Our smoke-free campus provides an atmosphere where patients and team members can breathe easy, while promoting a healthy lifestyle.
WellStar needs healthcare professionals like you who want to make a difference!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced RN to serve as Nurse Manager in the at WellStar's Kennestone Hospital. This is a full-time day position where you will expand your proven leadership skills.
JOB SUMMARY: a brief description of the job.
The nurse manager is a registered professional nurse who provides leadership and management of a specific unit(s) or service through the effective use of knowledge and skills to promote the creation of a center of excellence for staff recruitment and retention and clinical and business outcomes. The nurse manager is the standard bearer on his/her unit and holds all participants on his/her unit accountable for the delivery of care and services through effective communication; observation; and the management and measurement of specific interventions/practices and their associated outcomes. Responsibilities include clinical, financial, human and material resources deployment and associated outcomes or goals.
The Nurse Manager serves as a chief retention and safety officer and ensures that safety and quality standards are upheld or met by effective use of data and technology to make decisions and proactively mitigates unnecessary risks for his/her area of responsibility. The Nurse Manager creates and ensures a desirable, safe work environment that enables the organization to meet or exceed its mission and goals. He/she models the way to foster communication and collaboration with physicians, staff, patients and other departments. Role specific competencies, responsibilities, roles and functions are based on the Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing.
It is expected that all RN Clinical Nurses are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals..
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: minimum requirements to be considered qualified to do the job.
Required Minimum Education: Must hold Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from accredited nursing school; MasterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Degree in Nursing preferred. If bachelor degree is not in nursing, MSN must be from accredited nursing school.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
Registered Nurse, actively licensed in the state of Georgia. Must have a current BLS card from
the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position. National certification in nursing administration preferred.
Two years of progressive experience in nursing management required.
Required Minimum Skills:
Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and relationship building; a knowledge of the health care environment; leadership that includes such skills as successfully implementing and managing a change process Ã¢â‚¬â€œ ability to use systems thinking- and inspire, coach others to be successful; model the way for professional practice; professionalism and teamwork/collaboration for self/department/medical staff; and possess necessary business skills to manage human and material resources. Must be a continuous learner who understands health care financing; strategy and operations for running a business unit(s); and effectively employ data and technology to support work processes and make decisions. Supports shared governance or shared decision making; manage the design and delivery of care that in based on evidence and focused on quality and safety. Knowledge of risk management and various accreditation/regulations/licensing requirements assuring that these are upheld while advancing industry standards through the achievement of goals by effective management and measurement of outcomes.
WellStar Benefits include:
- Concierge Services: Employees use the free concierge service to take care of day-to-day errands such as dry cleaning pick-up, oil changes, grocery shopping, assist in researching and arranging travel plans, and helps with planning family events.
- Health Coverage: Competitive healthcare premiums and coverage for employees and dependents. Bariatric surgeries performed within the WellStar network are covered 100%. Employees have access to our on-site pharmacy for prescriptions at discounted rates and the use of payroll deduction.
- Work-Life Balance Programs: WellStar’s commitment to your work-life balance is shown by offering flexible schedules, telecommuting, job sharing, and flex time. We offer on-site child care, backup care and elder assistance care.
- Wellness Programs: Employees can stay active by using our on-site fitness center with discounted fitness classes. We provide a weekly farmers basket program that lets employees buy fresh local produce at an average price of $16.00 or less a basket.
- Recognition Programs: Employees receive recognition through several WellStar programs; The Winners of WellStar (WOW) program lets employees recognize and reward their peers with awards and gifts.
- Parental Benefits: Full-time employees receive 120 hours of paid maternity or paternity leave; benefit eligible part-time employees receive 60 hours for the birth or adoption of a child. Adoptive parents can receive $10,000 in adoption benefits per child, with a total lifetime benefit of $20,000.
- Additional Benefits: Education and tuition assistance programs, employee/employer contribution pension plans, and on-site dining options for convenience.
Come see why our employees love their career at WellStar and enjoy work-life balance and the opportunity for advancement from within.
Apply today to become the newest shining star in our ever-growing healthcare network.
Thank you for your interest in WellStar. We are an equal opportunity employer