Work where you live, love what you do and stay where you can grow. WellStar is the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, priding itself in investing back into the communities that we serve. Our culture of caring is evident by being recognized three years in a row nationally by Fortune ® Magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, as well as the recommendations and referrals we receive.
Come see why our employees love their career at WellStar and enjoy work-life balance and the opportunity for advancement from within. Apply today to become the newest shining star in our ever-growing healthcare network.
The Public Relations Strategist is responsible for managing PR projects to include press releases (writing and distribution), pitching stories to local, state, national and trade media, coordinating photo/film shoots media interviews, content calendar and social media content. The successful candidate will be able to cultivate relationships with reporters and stakeholders to further WellStar's mission and brand. Some small special event planning and coordination required. The PR Strategist serves as one of the official spokespersons for WellStar.
Required Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications or journalism.
Required Minimum Experience: Five Years of Relevant Experience, preferably in healthcare.
Required Minimum Skills: Strong writing, communication and organizational skills.
- Concierge Services: Employees use the free concierge service to take care of day-to-day errands such as dry cleaning pick-up, oil changes, grocery shopping, assist in researching and arranging travel plans, and helps with planning family events.
- Health Coverage: Competitive healthcare premiums and coverage for employees and dependents. Bariatric surgeries performed within the WellStar network are covered 100%. Employees have access to our on-site pharmacy for prescriptions at discounted rates and the use of payroll deduction.
- Work-Life Balance Programs: WellStar’s commitment to your work-life balance is shown by offering flexible schedules, telecommuting, job sharing, and flex time. We offer on-site child care, backup care and elder assistance care.
- Wellness Programs: Employees can stay active by using our on-site fitness center with discounted fitness classes. We provide a weekly farmers basket program that lets employees buy fresh local produce at an average price of $16.00 or less a basket.
- Recognition Programs: Employees receive recognition through several WellStar programs; The Winners of WellStar (WOW) program lets employees recognize and reward their peers with awards and gifts.
- Parental Benefits: Full-time employees receive 120 hours of paid maternity or paternity leave; benefit eligible part-time employees receive 60 hours for the birth or adoption of a child. Adoptive parents can receive $10,000 in adoption benefits per child, with a total lifetime benefit of $20,000.
- Additional Benefits: Education and tuition assistance programs, and on-site dining options for convenience.
Come see why our employees love their career at WellStar and enjoy work-life balance and the opportunity for advancement from within.
Apply today to become the newest shining star in our ever-growing healthcare network.
We are an equal opportunity employer.