Join the team named one of the Top 100 Companies by Working Mother Magazine and a 2016 Fortune 100 "Best Companies to Work For"
WellStar is the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, priding itself in investing back into the communities that we serve. WellStar is more than 20,000 strong to meet the health demands and needs of our communities. With eleven unique hospitals over 1,000 beds, and a strong Physicians Group, WellStar has become a shining example of what’s possible when talented, passionate people dedicate themselves to making a difference in the industry and in the communities we serve.
JOB SUMMARY: The Registration Specialist is responsible for scheduling outpatient procedures, gathering patient, guarantor, and insurance information, and entering the information in the health information system. The Registration Specialist manages scheduling requests from both patients and physician offices via phone, fax, paper requisition, and other acceptable forms of communication. The Registration Specialist also provides visit-specific information to patients in preparation for their scheduled services and answers and triages patient questions and requests.
Required Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Required Minimum Experience:
No experience needed
Required Minimum Skills:
a. Knowledge of basic medical terminology gained through education/experience.
b. Prior customer service experience preferably in the medical field.
c. Keyboarding skill/speed of 35 – 40 wpm and skill using mouse.
d. Basic experience and knowledge of PC applications.
e. Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations while working with the public and internal customers.
f. Demonstrated competence in written and oral communications.
g. Knowledge of patient confidentiality principles.
h. Demonstrated skill in effectively managing multiple priorities.
i. Skill in self-direction and processing new information.
j. Demonstrated skill in effective problem solving and intervention.
k. Translation and comprehension skills required to read medical orders.
l. Demonstrated phone skills required to triage incoming calls and ability to take clear, concise, and accurate information.
m. Ability and willingness to exhibit behaviors consistent with standards for performance improvement and organizational values (e.g., efficiency & financial responsibility, safety, partnership & service, teamwork, compassion, integrity, and trust & respect).
n. Ability and willingness to demonstrate and maintain competency as required for job title and the unit/area(s) of assignment.
Required Minimum Physical Abilities:
a. Employee will be asked to sign a statement indicating whether they can perform the essential functions of their position. Requests for accommodation will be considered on an individual basis.
1. Sitting: >60% of day
2. Twisting/turning from waist: 30% of day
3. Standing: Up to 30% of day
4. Climbing: Up to 30% of day
5. Crawling: Up to 30% of day
6. Left/Righ foot movement: Up to 30% of day
8. Bending: Up to 30% of day
9. Stooping: Up to 30% of day
10. Kneeling: Up to 30% of day
11. Squatting: Up to 30% of day
12. Push/pull objects not on rollers/wheel: Up to 30% of day
13. Push/pull objects not on rollers/wheels: Up to 30% of day
14. Reaching above shoulder level: Up to 30% of day
15. Reaching below shoulder level: 30% of day
16. Moving objects horizontally (left to right): 30% of day
17. Moving objects vertically (up and down): 30% of day
18. Handling (holding, grasping, working with hands): >60% of day
19. Fine finger manipulation (size, shape, temperature, texture by finger receptors): >60% of day
b. Senses needed to perform essential functions of the position: Hearing, talking, depth perception, color, vision, touch and smell.
"Why Work for WellStar?"
- Concierge Services: Employees use the free concierge service to take care of day-to-day errands, oil changes, researching and arranging travel plans, planning family reunions and weddings, dry cleaning pick-up, grocery shopping and more.
- Health Coverage: The Company covers 84 percent of full and part-time employees' medical premiums as well as 76 percent of their dependents' medical benefits. Bariatric surgery is covered if the procedure is completed at a WellStar hospital. Fertility treatments are covered for up to $5,000 annually. Employees can also fill prescriptions through the WellStar Pharmacy Network at discounted rates with the convenience of payroll deduction. In addition they can pick them up onsite at almost all the WellStar facilities.
- Work-Life Balance Programs: In 2012, approximately 80 percent of employees were using at least one flexibility option such as job-sharing, telecommuting, flex time or compressed work weeks. Clinical staff have access to a web-based self-scheduling tool so they choose shifts that best fit their lives within a schedule design that meets patient and organizational needs. One of the flexible work options allows seasoned workers to become more flexible, scaling back to a part-time schedule while continuing to receive benefits.
- Wellness Programs: Employees can stay active using an onsite fitness center and discounted fitness classes. They can also receive $300 in incentives for participating in and achieving goals through HealthStart, WellStar's wellness program that offers free health assessments, screenings and individualized coaching. A farmers basket program lets employees buy fresh local produce, delivered weekly to their worksite at a cost of $16.00 a basket or less.
- Recognition Programs: Employees receive recognition through several WellStar programs. For instance, when a patient thanks a WellStar employee by name for exceptional care they received, the WellStar team member's name is mentioned in a newsletter, along with the patient's comment. Team members receive a thank you along with two free movie tickets and their patient care story is highlighted in the hospital newsletter or on the site blog. The Winners of WellStar (WOW) program lets employees recognize and reward their peers. When employees collect three, five or seven WOW note sheets from peers, they can redeem them for a gift.
- Parental Benefits: Expectant parents are invited to quarterly baby showers where they can learn about the resources and services available to WellStar parents. Full-time employees receive 120 hours of paid maternity or paternity leave and benefits-eligible part-time employees will receive 60 hours for the birth or adoption of a child. Adoptive parents can receive $10,000 in adoption benefits per child, with a total lifetime benefit of $20,000.
Thank you for your interest in WellStar.
We are an equal opportunity employer.