WellStar Named on the 2014 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® List
Ranked 39th on Prestigious List; Highest Ranked Company Based in Georgia
WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center is a Level II Trauma Center. Our IMCU – Intermediate Care Unit is a medical/surgical Intermediate Care Unit with a primary focus on the comprehensive, multidisciplinary care of the high acuity, acutely ill medical, pulmonary, trauma and post operative patients. The unit consists of 18 private rooms for which each is capable of continuous bedside cardiac monitoring along with simultaneous monitoring of multiple clinical parameters. The nursing staff consists of RN's and CCP's under the direction of a Nurse Manager. There are also Assistant Nurse Managers on the different shifts that provide continuing leadership and a high quality of care throughout each 24-hour period.
WellStar has been named one of the 2014 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®, which recognizes companies across the country that have exceptional workplace cultures. As the largest not-for-profit health system in Georgia, WellStar has always been a leader in the community. This new award recognizes the System’s commitment to taking care of the people who take care of others.
The RN Clinical Nurse is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed caregivers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care. They practice in a clinical environment that is administered by Nurse Managers and other leaders and is supported through the WellStar Shared Governance Model. The framework for practice is steered by the WellStar Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing and evidence based practice and research. RN competencies are derived from these models and supported by the WellStar Core Competencies.
It is expected that all RN Clinical Nurses are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
Required Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing: Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred; National certification in area of specialty preferred
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification: Current/active license as a registered nurse in the State of Georgia; Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position.
Required Minimum Experience: Experience with direct patient care preferred.
Required Minimum Skills: Ability to read, write and speak English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills; Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills along with customer service skills required; Ability to function in a fast paced environment and respond to emergencies in using a decisive, composed and respectful manner; Possess excellent time management skills; practices nursing using evidence and analytical skills along with possessing strong critical thinking skills.
WellStar was ranked as a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work For!
- Concierge Services: Employees use the free concierge service to take care of day-to-day errands, oil changes, researching and arranging travel plans, planning family reunions and weddings, dry cleaning pick-up, grocery shopping and more.
- Health Coverage: The company covers 84 percent of full and part-time employees' medical premiums as well as 76 percent of their dependents' medical benefits. Bariatric surgery is covered if the procedure is completed at a WellStar hospital. Fertility treatments are covered for up to $5,000 annually. Employees can also fill prescriptions through the WellStar Pharmacy Network at discounted rates with the convenience of payroll deduction. In addition they can pick them up onsite at almost all the WellStar facilities.
- Work-Life Balance Programs: In 2012, approximately 80 percent of employees were using at least one flexibility option such as job-sharing, telecommuting, flex time or compressed work weeks. Clinical staff have access to a web-based self-scheduling tool so they choose shifts that best fit their lives within a schedule design that meets patient and organizational needs. One of the flexible work options allows seasoned workers to become more flexible, scaling back to a part-time schedule while continuing to receive benefits.
- Wellness Programs: Employees can stay active using an onsite fitness center and discounted fitness classes. They can also receive $300 in incentives for participating in and achieving goals through HealthStart, WellStar's wellness program that offers free health assessments, screenings and individualized coaching. A farmers basket program lets employees buy fresh local produce, delivered weekly to their worksite at a cost of $16.00 a basket or less.
- Recognition Programs: Employees receive recognition through several WellStar programs. For instance, when a patient thanks a WellStar employee by name for exceptional care they received, the WellStar team member's name is mentioned in a newsletter, along with the patient's comment. Team members receive a thank you along with two free movie tickets and their patient care story is highlighted in the hospital newsletter or on the site blog. The Winners of WellStar (WOW) program lets employees recognize and reward their peers. When employees collect three, five or seven WOW note sheets from peers, they can redeem them for a gift.
Parental Benefits: Expectant parents are invited to quarterly baby showers where they can learn about the resources and services available to WellStar parents. Full-time employees receive 120 hours of paid maternity or paternity leave and benefits-eligible part-time employees will receive 60 hours for the birth or adoption of a child. Adoptive parents can receive $10,000 in adoption benefits per child, with a total lifetime benefit of $20,000
Apply today for a career in our IMCU at Wellstar. We are an equal opportunity employer.