To deliver world-class healthcare for a community exceeding 600,000 people, WellStar is more than 11,000 strong to meet the health demands and needs of our communities. With five unique hospitals, over 1,000 beds, and a strong Physicians Group, WellStar has become a shining example of what’s possible when talented, passionate people dedicate themselves to making a difference in the industry and in the communities we serve. Join the team Named one of the Top 100 Companies by Working Mother Magazine
Sr. Network Engineer will be responsible for high-level network planning, design, and optimization. Develops engineering designs from architectural artifacts and direction for network systems solutions using current and emerging technologies. Translates business requirements into network or process designs. Plans and recommends network hardware, systems management software and platforms. Approves and modifies network design based architecture to ensure compliance. Configures and maintains routers, switches, and hubs for the network systems (including wireless and VoIP). Evaluates and recommends new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise. Monitors network performance, ensures capacity planning is performed,
and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement. Performs troubleshooting procedures and designs resolution scripts. Sr. Network Engineer installs, maintains, recommends, documents, and supports network system software/hardware Sr, Network Engineer will execute a strategic vision for delivering value add customized Operational Support Services. This position will have breadth and depth of knowledge required to support disparate technologies across the organization in a meaningful and value-driven way based on consumer demand, while influencing business process decisions to fulfill the aims of the Operational Support Services framework.
Responsibilities: Manage Operational Support Services activities• Maintain a diverse networks across several a geographical area. Provides technical assistance with the design, process improvements, planning, operation, service, maintenance, evaluation and testing of a multi-user information systems environment. The Sr. Network Engineer duties include ystems/utility/vulnerability monitoring, software/hardware evaluation, recommends/evaluates system hardware and software service packs, release levels, configurations etc.., evaluates log reports and makes/completes
recommendations based on these reports, technical staff training, technical software/hardware documentation and day-to-day direction and assistance of the network environment.
Required Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred. An advanced certification in a networking discipline is highly recommended (CCNA,CCNP,CCNP (Network or Security), MCSE, CCIE, etc). Five years of equivalent work experience in lieu of education will be considered.
Required Minimum Experience: A minimum of 7+ years experience with networking technologies (IP data/VOIP communications, network operating systems, and security background) is required.
Required Minimum Skills: High Level knowledge of WAN, LAN and datacenter network architectures; High Level knowledge of Cisco NX-OS/IOS, Arista EOS operating systems, Aruba Networks, Riverbed, Infoblox and Juniper Networks; Cisco UC experience a plus, expert knowledge of routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, MSDP, IGMP and PIM, and Strong background in multicast design and operations. Advanced Knowledge in LAN/WAN switching technologies and enterprise computing environment, including 10/100/1000 Ethernet. Advanced Knowledge in VLAN’s, Subnetting and Network Segmentation; network wiring/cabling; routers, switches, Firewalls and Load Balancers. Advanced Knowledge of network troubleshooting techniques, TCP/IP Stack, distributed processing operations, procedures and equipment. Authentication Technologies (LDAP/Radius/Tacacs), Advanced Firewall Management, etc. Knowledge of System Admin (Microsoft Servers), Desktop (Hardware and Software). Can support DNS/DHCP. Strong communication and customer relation skills. The individual must be able to communicate and have good team building skills. Must be able to Mentor Network Engineers to assist with advancement of knowledge. Detail oriented and ability to update documentation (Procedures and Visio Diagrams) Protocols: OSPF, Spanning-Tree Protocol, FabricPath, vPC FEX, Server Load Balancing/Global Load Balancing Platforms: Nexus 7000/5000/2000, CISCO ASA 5500-X, ASR and ISR G2 routers, F5 Viprion, Catalyst 6800/6500/4500/3800 WAN Technologies: MPLS, MetroEthernet, Private Line, SONET, DWDM
"Why Work for WellStar?"
- Concierge Services: Employees use the free concierge service to take care of day-to-day errands, oil changes, researching and arranging travel plans, planning family reunions and weddings, dry cleaning pick-up, grocery shopping and more.
- Health Coverage: The company covers 84 percent of full and part-time employees' medical premiums as well as 76 percent of their dependents' medical benefits. Bariatric surgery is covered if the procedure is completed at a WellStar hospital. Fertility treatments are covered for up to $5,000 annually. Employees can also fill prescriptions through the WellStar Pharmacy Network at discounted rates with the convenience of payroll deduction. In addition they can pick them up onsite at almost all the WellStar facilities.
- Work-Life Balance Programs: In 2012, approximately 80 percent of employees were using at least one flexibility option such as job-sharing, telecommuting, flex time or compressed work weeks. Clinical staff have access to a web-based self-scheduling tool so they choose shifts that best fit their lives within a schedule design that meets patient and organizational needs. One of the flexible work options allows seasoned workers to become more flexible, scaling back to a part-time schedule while continuing to receive benefits.
- Wellness Programs: Employees can stay active using an onsite fitness center and discounted fitness classes. They can also receive $300 in incentives for participating in and achieving goals through HealthStart, WellStar's wellness program that offers free health assessments, screenings and individualized coaching. A farmers basket program lets employees buy fresh local produce, delivered weekly to their worksite at a cost of $16.00 a basket or less.
- Recognition Programs: Employees receive recognition through several WellStar programs. For instance, when a patient thanks a WellStar employee by name for exceptional care they received, the WellStar team member's name is mentioned in a newsletter, along with the patient's comment. Team members receive a thank you along with two free movie tickets and their patient care story is highlighted in the hospital newsletter or on the site blog. The Winners of WellStar (WOW) program lets employees recognize and reward their peers. When employees collect three, five or seven WOW note sheets from peers, they can redeem them for a gift.
- Parental Benefits: Expectant parents are invited to quarterly baby showers where they can learn about the resources and services available to WellStar parents. Full-time employees receive 120 hours of paid maternity or paternity leave and benefits-eligible part-time employees will receive 60 hours for the birth or adoption of a child. Adoptive parents can receive $10,000 in adoption benefits per child, with a total lifetime benefit of $20,000.