Join the team named one of the Top 100 Companies by Working Mother Magazine and a 2015 Fortune 100 "Best Companies to Work For"
WellStar is the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, priding itself in investing back into the communities that we serve. WellStar is more than 20,000 strong to meet the health demands and needs of our communities. With eleven unique hospitals over 1,000 beds, and a strong Physicians Group, WellStar has become a shining example of what’s possible when talented, passionate people dedicate themselves to making a difference in the industry and in the communities we serve.
Functions under the direction of the IT Manager. Senior Application Analyst provides advanced system-level support
of multi-user clinical or financial applications, operating systems, hardware, software, and reporting tools, including
installation, configuration, training, maintenance, and end user support of complex systems. Requires advanced
knowledge of systems analysis. In-depth knowledge of project management concepts and methodology. Able to lead
and participate in project planning sessions. Ability to establish project goals, milestones, and procedures. Able to manage multiple projects with varying levels of complexity. The Senior Application Analyst works closely with project
leaders on all aspects of project planning to meet project deadlines.
Promotes excellent customer service and strong communication skills to ensure the success of all software
applications. Works with outside departments to promote, educate and train on current applications. Works with other
members of the Information Systems staff, clinical and operational departments and other WHS personnel to
accomplish the goals established for the project.
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or a minimum of 7 years’ experience in technology and/or healthcare or related industry.
Required Minimum Experience:
Minimum of 7 years work experience in technology and/or healthcare or related industry.
Required Minimum Certification:
Required Minimum Skills:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of
internal and external stakeholders. Ability to work well in a team environment by accepting and offering constructive
feedback, supporting team goals, and encouraging other team members. Ability to multi-task, complete assigned
tasks independently with little to no guidance with close attention to detail, and ability to offer extensive guidance to
other team members. Ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems, and offer solutions. Ability to identify opportunities
for improvement. In-depth understanding of application support. Ability to serve as a primary resource for more than 1
application module. Ability to gather, translate, and communicate business or clinical requirements into technical
solutions for application implementation, and offer best practices or recommended solutions.
"Why Work for WellStar?"
- Concierge Services: Employees use the free concierge service to take care of day-to-day errands, oil changes, researching and arranging travel plans, planning family reunions and weddings, dry cleaning pick-up, grocery shopping and more.
- Health Coverage: The company covers 84 percent of full and part-time employees' medical premiums as well as 76 percent of their dependents' medical benefits. Bariatric surgery is covered if the procedure is completed at a WellStar hospital. Fertility treatments are covered for up to $5,000 annually. Employees can also fill prescriptions through the WellStar Pharmacy Network at discounted rates with the convenience of payroll deduction. In addition they can pick them up onsite at almost all the WellStar facilities.
- Work-Life Balance Programs: In 2012, approximately 80 percent of employees were using at least one flexibility option such as job-sharing, telecommuting, flex time or compressed work weeks. Clinical staff have access to a web-based self-scheduling tool so they choose shifts that best fit their lives within a schedule design that meets patient and organizational needs. One of the flexible work options allows seasoned workers to become more flexible, scaling back to a part-time schedule while continuing to receive benefits.
- Wellness Programs: Employees can stay active using an onsite fitness center and discounted fitness classes. They can also receive $300 in incentives for participating in and achieving goals through HealthStart, WellStar's wellness program that offers free health assessments, screenings and individualized coaching. A farmers basket program lets employees buy fresh local produce, delivered weekly to their worksite at a cost of $16.00 a basket or less.
- Recognition Programs: Employees receive recognition through several WellStar programs. For instance, when a patient thanks a WellStar employee by name for exceptional care they received, the WellStar team member's name is mentioned in a newsletter, along with the patient's comment. Team members receive a thank you along with two free movie tickets and their patient care story is highlighted in the hospital newsletter or on the site blog. The Winners of WellStar (WOW) program lets employees recognize and reward their peers. When employees collect three, five or seven WOW note sheets from peers, they can redeem them for a gift.
- Parental Benefits: Expectant parents are invited to quarterly baby showers where they can learn about the resources and services available to WellStar parents. Full-time employees receive 120 hours of paid maternity or paternity leave and benefits-eligible part-time employees will receive 60 hours for the birth or adoption of a child. Adoptive parents can receive $10,000 in adoption benefits per child, with a total lifetime benefit of $20,000.
Thank you for your interest in WellStar. We are an equal opportunity employer.